Human Trafficking Prevention Resources
What is human trafficking?
Human trafficking, also known as trafficking in persons or modern-day slavery, is a crime that involves the exploitation of a person for the purpose of compelled sex or labor. There is no single profile of a trafficking victim. Victims of human trafficking can be anyone—regardless of race, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, education level, or citizenship status. Please review the links below for more information.
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 911. For more resources, call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888.
2022-2023 Parent Handbook
Suicide Prevention Policy
- Kedren Mental Health Services - Kedren offers mental health services more specific therapy services to those students who may require a higher level of support.
- Contact Info: Referral Form Process
- Weber - Weber provides the school with parent workshops regarding a variety of topics from family communication to warning signs of substance use among teens. They also provide preventative services for students who may be in danger of substance use.
- Contact Info: Phone: (323)234-4445
- Email: [email protected]
- GRYD - The Gang Reduction and Youth Development program in connection with the mayor’s office aims to provide positive alternative activities and strategies for students and families. They help the student and families connect to a variety of resources like homework assistance after school, transportation services, access to computer labs, life skills, etc.
- Contact Info: Office: 323-357-6276
- Cell: 323-571-5647
- Email: Maria Martinez [email protected]
Guidance to Initiating Student Mental Health Services
Resources to Mental Health Hotlines
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health 24/7 Hotline - A parent or adult can call this number to be connected to mental health services, specifically therapy services, in their area. Medical would be able to cover the cost of these services.
- Contact Info: 1-800-854-7771
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - If anyone is having thoughts of suicide or is struggling with their mental health they can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline to get help from a trained counselor.
- Contact Info: 1-800-273-8255
- The Trevor Project - A hotline for LGBTQ+ youth. A trained counselor is available to help if you are a young person in crisis, feeling suicidal, or in need of a safe and judgment-free place to talk.
- Contact Info: TrevorLifeline now at 1-866-488-7386
- TrevorChat is a free, confidential, and secure instant messaging service that provides live help to LGBTQ youth.
Website and Chat:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - A person can call this number if they are experiencing domestic violence.
- Contact Info: 1-800-799-SAFE( 7233)
- LA County Child Abuse Hotline (DCFS) - As a mandated reporter if you suspect a student is being physically, sexually, or emotionally abused, you would call this number to report. Also if a student expresses that they are or have been sexually, physically, or emotionally abused you can call this number to file a report.
- Contact Info: 1-800-540-4000
- Homeless Outreach Program Integrated Care System - The agency provides advocacy, coordinated entry system (CES), dental services, family support services, health services, HIV/AIDS services, seasonal holiday assistance, homeless support services, housing services, interpreter and translation services, mental health services, residential mental health service, services for non-profit organizations, services for older adults, substance use disorder services, victims of crime support, volunteer opportunities and youth services in Los Angeles County.
- Contact Info: (323) 948-0444 OR (844) 422-5577
- Website: www.ssg.org
- Good Seed Youth Drop-In Center - Showers, meals, clothing, computer/internet access, peer support groups, linkage to mental health services, substance abuse resources, educational services, employment assistance, and housing assistance.
- Contact Info: 855-968-8452
- 2814 W. MLK Jr. Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90008
- 1230 Pine Ave, Long Beach, CA 90813
- Information on Shelters/housing - Individuals and families who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or have other housing-related needs, or the service providers who work with them can call or contact 211 LA 24/7 for assistance finding homeless services.
- Contact Info: Diall 211
- Visit: 211.org
- LA Food Bank - The LA Food bank provides people with boxes of food. You can also go on their website and type in your zip code and they can connect you with food banks in your general area.
- Contact Info: 323.234.3030
- Website: https://www.lafoodbank.org/
- Address: 1734 East 41st Street, Los Angeles, CA 90058
- Fax: 323.234.0943
- This website can help you find food banks within your zip code: https://www.lafoodbank.org/find-food/pantry-locator/
- WIC Application - If your income has been affected by recent events, and you are pregnant or have a child under 5, WIC can help provide nutritious foods and more resources to keep your growing family healthy.
- Cal Fresh - California's Food Stamp Program has a new name "CalFresh." CalFresh is a Nutrition Assistance Program that can help people in low-income households purchase food by increasing their food-buying power.
- Shields for Families-Social Service Agency–Food Bank - Shields for Families-Social Service Agency-Food Bank. Distribution Times: Thursdays 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, * Arrive early, the line starts forming at 7 am. Requirements: • State ID
- Address: 11705 Deputy Yamamoto Place Lynwood, CA. 90262
Resources for Students & Families with Undocumented Status
- Immigrants Rising - Resources on addressing fear and coping with stress, health access, and guidance, connecting to free/low-cost resources, legal rights as employees, and more. Tangible Support for Undocumented Communities during COVID-19 by the organization.
- Website: https://immigrantsrising.org/
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 323-492-0107
- Address: 2514 W. Vernon Ave. 90047